Friday, February 6, 2009

... And then things change.

I'm a mother of not just one kid but two. I thought I didn't have much time to do anything for myself or have the "down" time with just one kid. What did I think was going to happen with the second? Well, let me tell you. I've been able to find "down" time. Oh it's hard but everyday gets easier and easier to figure this all out. Before I had kids people would throw around the "Life is a Journey" phrase. I believed it but my life was boring then compared to what it is now. Now I really do feel like I'm on a journey. It's a great one by the way.

There are so many ways to take that phrase: "Life is a Journey"
"Life is a Journey"- as you pick through your kids tiny, and difficult clothes to fold and find all the socks to match up-trying to find that missing piece that belongs to another toy-figure out how to calm a crying baby while coloring in a coloring book with your 19 month old-wonder why your tot won't keep her clothes on-why visitors show up at the times your house is a mess because the toy box has vomited all over the house plus your hair is standing up on your head from not being able to take a shower-Wondering why it never fails that when the kids are napping the dog barks and wakes them up-why people that should be good with kids aren't and make them fuss because they aggrevate them-why being a stay at home mom seems more challenging then being a working mom-why you can never picture your kids leaving home-the wonders of why a mother's heart cannot get enough of their own children-the thought that the love you have for your children could never be as big, strong, and thick as you could ever make it be only because it's such an overwhelming emotion-an emotion that makes you want to cry from the joy of having an offspring, someone like yourself, yet to cry from sorrow because of the day that is inevitable when your child will leave and take part in their own Journey.

1 comment:

  1. That is right on....Definately brought tears on though....

    ReplyDelete