Thursday, February 5, 2009

Out on her butt

I recently read where this lady and her family were evicted from her house because her landlord did not pay the monthly mortgage. The woman claims that she gave the landlord the rent each month. Without knowing what had happened an eviction team came and started carrying all her stuff out on the lawn while a police officer stood by to monitor to make sure everything was operating smoothly. The lady is shown crying. Also in the pictures it shows her stuff strewn all over her yard. EVERYTHING-her furniture, clothes, clothes hangers, photo albums, the list goes on. At that moment my heart broke for her. So I got this idea of preventing something like this from happening so I'm going to pursue this little dream of mine and see what comes of it. Even if it calls for protesting. I know people are losing their jobs and homes but Jesus! Can't they be warned ahead of time? My next question is what is going to happen to this woman, her family and her stuff? She has no roof over head now.

Why can't people like Donald Trump, or Oprah (just for examples) why can't they use the money they have and instead of doing things with their money that help the rich or make them richer why can't they come up with something a little more smart to do with their money to help the US citizens (not African citizens or Mexican citizens-which I have nothing against) so that our country has a little hope for coming out of a recession in the next decade. If not for our country's benefit then for our "neighbors". It's something I would like to ignore is happening because it's to awful to think about. But it is real and something that won't go away even if I close my eyes and plug up my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment