Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Pillow Talk"

“Do you ever wish that I wouldn’t have changed?”
He turned over to face her, “what do you mean?”
“I don’t know,” she paused to gather her thoughts. “Well if I told you then you would make fun of me.”
He sighed, “Just tell me what you mean.”
“Well, I’ve been thinking lately and I’m not who I use to be. You know, when we first met. I’ve changed.”
“Oh, shut up.”
“I’m not trying to be sappy or anything but I am not the same person,” she paused, “and I miss her. I miss that girl I once was.”
“It’ll be okay. Don’t stress over it or you’ll give yourself a migraine. You stress over so much.”
The only time Nancy and Bill had time to talk was at night, after they got the kids to bed. Rarely were they able to find a sitter to watch their four children so they could go out on a date. It was hard being that all four children were under the age of five. Even though Nancy was a stay-at-home mom. Bill worked fifty plus hours a week which made it hard for them to find time to see each other much less carry a conversation.

02/28/09
The following morning she got up and continued with the same routine she did every day. She fed their two month old Ava as soon as she woke up at six. Once she was able to get a free hand she got the kids breakfast ready so that when they did wake up she could easily place their food in front of them. Usually the twins Sara and Jon who were three would scurry out of their rooms first. Both running through the house squealing for mommy. It never was long after that Beth would walk around the corner into the kitchen rubbing her eyes whining to be picked up.

Her day would consist of running around trying to get the kids dressed and out of their pajamas. Breaking up fights and tending to Ava who constantly cried until she was held. On rare occasions she would have days that she took the kids on playdates with a few of her closest friends and their kids. But that was rare. Most days she would spend all her time thinking of the next thing she had to do. If she had any adult contact outside of her home it was through texting on her blackberry and most of that time was texting her husband.

-to be continued

1 comment: